Last weekend was a fun one, we spent Friday evening in Park City with my mom, Chase, Kim, and Owen- we had a yummy dinner and checked out the sweet condo we'd be staying in when we went back up on Sunday. Saturday we went to Logan for a friend's wedding, it was so nice to see a whole bunch of old family and childhood friends! Congrats to Whitney and Jackson! Sunday we were back up in the PC and hung out at the Park Silly Market- found some awesome finds, delicious food stuffs, and a crazy (but sweet) guy who fawned all over Zade and gave him some free beads. We had a lot of fun with Zade and Owen who are truly adorable with each other, fun hanging at the pool, and just generally spending some fam time. It was a nice mini vacation not too far from home. Also a big thanks to Kim for doing the delicious cooking!

Zade and Owen chilling with me while we wait to check in.

At a cool fountain in the Red Rock shopping area.

A badass Spirit Hood at the Park Silly Market.
I decided that, being an at-home mommy, I would benefit from having a hobby. I recently started on a bit of a baking craze... which although is a delicious hobby, it isn't so good for the waistline. I made a whole bunch of yummy cookies, and was inspired to try out French Macarons. If you have never had one, I suggest you find one and eat it quickly. The are absolutely FANTASTIC. The texture is the best on this planet. My first attempt at them, however, was an utter failure. I will be trying again, and soon, with advice from someone who makes delicious ones. Maybe by Christmas I can stuff all my friends stockings with successful macarons! I have been more successful with some yummy meringue kisses, also a delightful texture, some chocolate chip cookies, soft pretzels, sugar cookies, etc. etc. etc. No wonder my jeans are getting tight!

Poor Zade has had a fever since yesterday morning that despite medicine has only gone up. It peaked at about 103.9 which was frightening, but after some cool bathing and compresses, an hour later I had it down to 103. I'm hoping we do OK tonight, we found out at the doc today that he has a tonsil infection. On a much happier note, when I went to fill his prescription of Omnicef, an antibiotic he has been on several times before, they informed me it had nearly doubled in price. Being the end of the month on a strict budget, I fell a lot short. After last night with a sick baby in my bed, I was tired an emotional and made a bit of an embarrassment of myself. I knew I could call Alan though, and he could transfer some money into my account, but in the midst of doing so I was informed that due to the kindness of a stranger I would only need to pay $25. Down from $82. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you wonderful, kind person. I did get the wonderful opportunity to thank them in person, which was nice. I hope I can pass along the good deed.
No comments:
Post a Comment